It is the mission of the Fire Marshals office to provide the highest possible level of life safety through fire prevention inspections, code enforcement and public education.
The Fire Prevention and Code Enforcement division of the Taos Fire Department strives to work with shareholders in the community, working to attain compliance through fire safety and public education. It is the belief of this office that people inherently wish to ensure the safety of themselves and others, and simply need guidance and the ability to have questions or concerns addressed.
- Fire Safety and Public Education
- Fire and Life Safety Inspections
- New/Annual Business Inspections
- Event Inspections
- Fire and Life Safety Plan Review
- Water Based fire Protection System Plan Review
- Alarm and Detection System Plan Review
The department works to meet with all children in the District from Pre-K through 3rd grade. As well as any requests for business safety training.