Meeting Room Policies
- Meeting room reservations are subject to cancellation with two weeks' notice if the room is needed for library programming or Town of Taos use. Library or Town of Taos sponsored programming will always have first priority in scheduling.
- Meeting room may be used for educational, cultural, informational, or governmental/civic activities and may include public lectures, panel discussions, workshops and other similar functions.
- Meeting room will not be used for personal study time or social gatherings.
- Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building and/or equipment beyond normal wear.
- Meeting room can only be scheduled during the hours the library is open.
- There is a group limit of 50.
- The library does not allow groups to store any items in the meeting room. The library is not responsible for lost or any items left in the room.
- No pets are allowed in meeting room except registered Service dogs.
- Fire code prohibits the use of candles, incense, smudge pots, flammable materials, and cooking in the room.
- Drugs, smoking and/or e-cigarettes are prohibited.
- There must be a clear path to emergency exit in meeting room at all times.
- Meeting room attendees may not leave children in the library under the age of 10.
- The individual making the reservation, as well as the group as a whole, will be held responsible for any and all damages that may occur as a result of the use of the facilities.
- Set up and take down is included in scheduled time. Meetings must end on time so the room can be cleared for other meetings following.
- The library is not responsible for publicizing events.
- Check-out with Library staff upon completion of meeting.
Equipment & Media Availability
- There is a black board/chalk board for groups to use. Dry erase markers, erasers, and chalk are not provided by library. Chalk board/dry erase board must be wiped down after use.
- There is a projection screen available. (Not to be taken out of the meeting room).
- TV, VCR, and DVD player are available and must be reserved when scheduling room. The library does not provide operators for the equipment. The Individual requesting equipment is responsible for damages or missing equipment.
- Wireless internet access is available in the meeting room.
Food or Drink Policy
- If you are providing refreshments, a $50 cash deposit will be applied per meeting (alcoholic beverages prohibited).
- Responsible party must clean up spills, trash, and leave the room in the condition in which it was found or you forfeit $50 cash deposit.
Room Reservation Charges
- All scheduled events are charged $15 per hour.
- We request at least 24 hours' notice of cancellation.
- No refund after payment has been received. A credit will be issued for one year.