Special Dispenser Permit

Special Dispenser Permits, sometimes called a picnic license, are used for functions such as wedding receptions, gallery openings, or community fiestas that are taking place off of a liquor licensed premises. These permits are not issued to private individuals; only the holder of Dispenser Liquor Licenses may apply for one.


All laws that apply on a normal licensed premise apply at the location of the Special Dispenser Permit.


Any applicant for a Special Dispenser Permit must submit a completed Town of Taos Special Dispenser Permit Application with the appropriate fees of $25 per day, along with an Alcohol and Gaming Division Special Dispenser Permit Application, a detailed floor plan, and a list of alcohol beverage certified servers who will be serving, to the office of the Town Clerk (400 Camino de la Placita, Taos, NM 87571) at least twelve working days prior to the event.


Upon approval by the Town (within 3 working days), the applicant must then submit the applications to Alcohol and Gaming Division for their final approval. Alcohol and Gaming Division requires the forms to be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event. The applicant must fax, email, or deliver to the Town Clerk’s Office a copy of the application signed and approved by Alcohol and Gaming Division.

Important Note

Special Dispenser Permit Applications shall be formally approved by the Town Council if the number of expected attendees exceeds 500.

Required Forms

More Information

For any other questions, contact the Town Clerk at 575-751-2005.